Simple Weight Loss Tops
- Stop counting calories. Many people end up stressing too much over how many calories they eat. This causes many people to give up on their healthy eating plan and can also result in under eating and a slowing of your metabolism. Don’t make it complicated! It is more effective to focus on the types of foods you are eating then a certain number of Calories.
- Ensure you are choosing quality protein. The word protein actually means “of first importance”. Protein is satiating and helps slow down the release of glucose into our bloodstream after a meal.
- Stop drinking your calories. Cut out juice and pop and focus on getting enough water. Drinking liquid sugar in the form of juice or pop is bad for your health and waistline for obvious reasons.
- Improve your omega-3 to omega-6 ratio. Although both omega-3 and omega-6 are essential, it is important to consume a healthy balance. Most processed foods contain vegetable oils high in omega-6 which throws off our balance and puts our bodies in a more inflammatory state. Sunflower, safflower, corn, cottonseed and soybean oil are examples of omega-6 rich oils found in many processed food. Salmon, sardines, anchovies, walnuts, chia and hemp seeds are all good food sources of omega 3.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Choose whole unprocessed food at breakfast and remember to include a source of protein. Eggs or an omelette with some fresh fruit is an example of a balanced, whole foods breakfast.