Heal Your Inflammation Naturally
Inflammation has now been implicated in virtually every disease process you can think of…heart disease, cancer, Alzheimers, auto-immune diseases, digestive disorders and the list goes on and on. Our daily choices significantly affect the amount of inlammation in our bodies and simple steps can have enormous positive impacts on our health. Below are a few simple, yet powerful steps you can implement daily:
- Reduce processed foods and refined sugars: Eat foods that are as close to their natural state as possible. The more ingredients in the food you eat, the higher the chance that they are processed, or contain chemicals and additives that cause inflammation.
- Increase healthy fats rich in Omega 3 – Some great sources include salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, avocado, flax seeds and walnuts. You also may consider taking a fish oil supplement.
- Chlorophyll and other dark leafy greens – Dark leafy greens are high in antioxidants and alkalizing minerals. Chlorophyll is a great way to supplement extra greens into your diet.
- Turmeric – The active component in Turmeric is Curcumin, which has the ability to neutralize free radicals as well as reduce pain and inflammation.
- Coping mechanisms to reduce stress: Finding the underlying causes of stress in your life and taking steps to reduce it will greatly reduce chronic inflammation. Take time out of your day to meditate, listen to music, stretch, or spend time in nature.
Most importantly…learn to balance your blood sugars and eat in hormonal balance. This simple step alone will drastically improve the amount of inflammation in your body and help you lose weight, and fight disease. This is our specialty at Shulman Weightloss, contact us today for your free weight loss consultation.