Chlorophyll’s Natural Healing Properties
Chlorophyll is the naturally occurring part of the plant that makes it beautifully green. When taken as a liquid supplement it has many health benefits, is simple to use and is cost effective. You can purchase chlorophyll at any health food store but we’ve chosen to make Canadian made Land Art Chlorophyll available at our office due to its very high quality and refreshing mint flavour.
Chlorophyll is rich in magnesium and is a good source of some B vitamins, vitamin C and many minerals. It tastes good too!
Below are some of its many health benefits:
- Acidity and inflammation – Chlorophyll reduces inflammation and is very effective in eliminating the symptoms of acid reflux.
- Digestion – Chlorophyll reduces constipation and improves fluid balance
- Detoxification – Chlorophyll binds to toxins within the gastrointestinal tract and prevents their absorption and circulation in the body. It also supports liver detoxification.
- Deodorizing – Chlorophyll helps reduce the amount of gas in the gastrointestinal tract which is thought to be one of the main causes of bad breath. Chlorophyll can also be used as a mouthwash.
- Wound healing – When applied topically chlorophyll lowers inflammation, prevents infection and promotes healing of wounds by slowing the rate at which harmful bacteria reproduce.
- Regulates Intestinal Fermentation and issues related to Yeast Overgrowth – Overgrowth of yeast (Candida Albicans) is caused by antibiotics, hormones, corticosteroids, immunosuppressants, a high sugar diet and many other North American habits. Chlorophyll reduces the production of gas and toxins that occur during digestion and protects the liver. It detoxifies the body from the issues associated with yeast overgrowth.
How do you take it?
Simply add the liquid chlorophyll to fresh water and enjoy! The mint flavour will add freshness to your drink. Look for reputable brand chlorophyll extracted from alfalfa for the best quality. Always read the labels closely…a high-quality chlorophyll supplement should not contain preservatives.
As an aside, when you begin taking chlorophyll you may notice the green colour in your stools. Don’t worry, this is very normal and harmless.
For more information on whether chlorophyll is right for you please speak to one of our nutritionists or chiropractors when you are in the office for your next appointment.