Delicious Chocolate Chia Protein Balls
(with a nut and date free option!)
These Delicious Chocolate Chia Protein Balls are packed with nutrients and will give you a great energy boost post-workout or just when you need a healthy snack!
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter, or tahini
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup protein powder (we like Iron Vegan or Sunwarrior protein)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp ginger powder (or freshly grated ginger to taste)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to the food processor, except 2 tbsp of the raw cacao powder (for dusting) and blend until mixture turns into a dough-like consistency.
- With a small spoon, scoop the mixture and roll into balls.
- Optional: dust with the extra cacao powder.
- Place the rolled balls onto a plate or baking sheet then place into the refrigerator to set.
- These are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator