Easy Peasy Squash Soup
- 4 medium sized butternut squash
- 2 L low sodium chicken broth
- 1 white onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh sage, finely chopped
- Pine nuts, toasted (optional to sprinkle on top)
- Cut squash lengthways. Scoop out seeds and place in deep baking dish. Place 2” of water in the bottom of the dish, cover with foil and place in preheated oven at 425 degrees. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- In large cooking pot, combine chicken broth and diced onions. Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium for 20 minutes.
- Scoop out squash from shells and add in to chicken broth mixture. Allow to cook for 15 more minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes add in finely chopped sage, butter and maple syrup.
- Allow to cool and then puree in blender. Heat and serve.
Serves 12 Nutritional Analysis (per serving): 74 calories, 2g fat, 2g fiber, 5g sugar, 2g protein