Straight from the Mediterranean
Enjoy with a green salad.
Makes: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour, 10 mins
- 4 x 3oz Chicken breast
- 2 lemons, divided
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 8 oz. whole mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Zest one lemon to yield about 1 ½ tbsp. of zest.
- Juice lemon to measure about 2 tbsp. lemon juice.
- Mince garlic.
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place chicken in a baking pan and drizzle with a portion of the lemon mixture.
- Cut bell pepper and red onion. Thinly slice remaining lemon.
- Combine bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and lemon slices with remaining lemon mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange vegetables around chicken.
- Bake 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink in centre, brushing chicken and vegetables in pan juices after 30 minutes.