Grain Free Peanut Butter Cookie Bites
These grain-free, gluten free cookie dough bites are full of fiber and protein. Perfect to satisfy a chocolate craving without blowing your commitment to healthy eating. Really good warm and toasty – you can either freeze the balls and
pop a few in the oven whenever it’s on, or simply put them in the microwave until they’re warm and gooey again.
- 1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (Don’t even try with regular peanut butter! They’ll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth, scraping the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.
- Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky. With wet hands, form into 1 1/2″ balls.
- Place onto a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes. Yields about fourteen 1 1/2″ cookie dough balls.
2 cookies per serving=1 fat, 1/2 protein