Serves 1 (3 rice wraps)
- 3 Rice wraps
- 4 ounces of BBQ chicken (firm tofu sliced for a vegetarian option)
- ¼ cup of sliced mango or pear strips
- 3 thinly sliced avocado strips
- ¼ cup of red pepper slices
- ¼ cup of fresh basil
- Place rice wraps on a roomy counter or tabletop together with a large bowl of hot water (you will have to dip your fingers in, so not too hot)
- Slip one of the rice wrappers into the hot bowl of water and allow 30 seconds to 1 minute for it to soften.
- When the rice wrapper is soft, remove it from the bowl and place on a clean surface. Add chicken sliced, mango (or pears), 1 slice of avocado per wrap, pepper slices and fresh basil. Then fold over one end.
- Continue by folding the other end over. Then lift the long side of the wrapper and tuck it over the filling to create a log-like roll.
- Roll up the remaining rice wrap, pressing the end down to secure it and enjoy!
Per serving: 330 calories, Total fat 8g, Protein 35 g, Carbohydrates 29g, Fiber 3 g.